- New York (2010, 2015, 2017)
- Massachusetts (2010, 2017)
- Connecticut (2010, 2015)
- California (2010, 2015, 2016)
- New Jersey (2010)
- Nevada (2015, 2016)
- Hawaii (2015)
- Michigan (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Illinois (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Arizona (2016)
- Indiana (2017)
- Virginia (2017)
- Tennessee (2017)
- North Carolina (2017)
- Alaska (2017)
May, 1990 – Amirthi, Tamil Nadu, India
February, 1992 – Velankanni, Tamil Nadu, India
October, 1992 – Bangalore, Karnataka, India
August, 1994 – Pondicherry, India
April, 1995 – Kodaikannal, Tamil Nadu, India
December, 1995 – Velankanni, Tamil Nadu, India
October, 1996 – Ooty, Tamil Nadu, India
April, 1997 – Yelagiri, Tamil Nadu, India
October, 1997 – Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India
April, 1998 – Yercaud, Tamil Nadu, India
October, 1998 – Coorg, Karnataka, India
May, 1998 – Thekkady, Kerala, India
April, 1999 – Munnar, Kerala, India
April, 1999 – Kothamangalam, Kerala, India
October, 1999 – Hogenakkal, Tamil Nadu, India
December, 1999 – Velankanni, Tamil Nadu, India
April, 2000 – Ooty, Tamil Nadu, India
May, 2001 – Kullu-Manali, Himachal Pradesh, India
May, 2002 – Mahabalipuram, Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu, India
May, 2003 – Darjeeling, West Bengal & Gangtok, Sikkim, India
December, 2003 – Velankanni (with Archana), Tamil Nadu, India
April, 2004 – Kodaikannal, Tamil Nadu, India
December, 2004 – Mysore (Road-trip), Karnataka, India
April, 2005 – Yercaud (Road-trip), Tamil Nadu, India
May, 2006 – Karwar, Devbagh, Karnataka, India
December, 2006 – Lonavala-Kandala, Pune, Maharashtra, India
May, 2007 – Singapore, Malaysia
January, 2008 – Mumbai, Pune, Maharashtra, India
March, 2008 – Manipal, Udupi, Karnataka, India
May, 2008 – Mussoorie, Nainital, Uttarakhand, India
October, 2008 – Goa, India
October, 2009 – Kabini, Karnataka, India
May, 2010 – Kuttikkanam, Vagamon, Kerala, India
September, 2010 – New York, Boston, San Jose, San Francisco, USA
August, 2011 – Kathmandu, Nepal
April – November, 2012 – Germany
December, 2013 – January, 2014 – Hong Kong, New Zealand
Some days are for laughs!
Incident 1: The case of the missing car
The security head of my company gives me a call in the evening. Apparently there is an associate with him who claims that his car is missing from our office campus and my car is lying in its place!!!
Well, thank goodness he recovered from his partial amensia and remembered that he had parked it elsewhere!
Incident 2: The case of the missing cookies
On my way home from office, I stop over at a local bakery to pick up some cookies. I then hop over to a nearby grocery store, leave the cookies at the security baggage counter as is mandated and go in to pick some grocery. When I return, my cookies are missing. I am guessing that somebody has picked them up in error and left their murukus in its place.
Well, now I am hoping that my grocer will call me as agreed – that is if the muruku owner discovers his error and runs back to fix it.
- A Walk to Remember
- As Good As It Gets
- Away And Back
- Before Sunrise
- Before Sunset
- Before Midnight
- Chariots of Fire
- Dead Poets Society
- Erin Brockovich
- Forrest Gump
- Into the Wild
- If Only
- Love Comes Softly
- Miracles from Heaven
- Oh, God! (1977)
- One flew over the cuckoo’s nest
- Pride and Prejudice (2005)
- Pretty Woman
- P.S. I Love You
- Race (2016)
- Something the Lord Made
- The Bridge on the River Kwai
- The Shawshank Redemption
- The Painted Veil
- The Notebook
- The Lives of Others (German)
- To Kill a Mocking Bird
- The Sound of Music
- The Longest Ride
- Von Ryan’s Express
- Amazing Grace
- August Rush
- City of Angels
- Cinderella (2015)
- Marley & Me
- Nights in Rodanthe
- Notting Hill
- Roman Holiday
- Runaway Bride
- Singin’ in the Rain
- Sleepless in Seattle
- The Blind Side
- The Little Rascals
- The Shop Around the Corner
- The Proposal
- The Wedding Date
- The Gods must be crazy series
- The Croods
- You’ve Got Mail
- When Harry Met Sally…
- Life As We Know It
- The Accidental Husband
As a child and youngster, I had always been interested in debates, extempore, being the master of ceremony at occasions and other such events but once I started working, I had let these pursuits of mine dust a bit. But a few recent opportunities to facilitate workshops, moderate panel discussions and to learn from some talented minds in the industry have instilled a renewed interest in me. That you get to meet a lot of different people, hear and talk about topics that you might have otherwise not cared to shower your interest upon and maybe travel to new places only add to the fun. Some topics I’ve had the opportunity to deal with:
- Event Design and Moderation: Global Business Development Information Exchange. February 2011.
- Panel Discussion: Project Management – Managing Projects in a Matrix Organization – Challenges and Success Factors. November 2011.
- Workshop Moderation: Business Field Analysis of the Indian market. December 2011.
- Panel Discussion: Career Paths for an Engineer. February 2012.
- Panel Discussion: Women in Top Management – Why do we still see less numbers? March 2012.
- Workshop Design and Moderation: Future of automobile infotainment in India. March 2012.
- Workshop Design and Moderation: Co-operation between the World Regions. June 2012.
- Workshop Design and Moderation: Global Communication. July 2012.
- Workshop Design and Moderation: Innovation – Augmented Reality and Infotainment Assistant. September 2012.
- Workshop Design and Moderation: Co-operation – Germany & India. March 2013.
- Master of Ceremony: International Women’s Day Celebration @ RBEI. March 2013.
- Workshop Design and Moderation: Strategy for Business Division. March 2013.
- Workshop Design and Moderation: Strategy for Business Division. April 2013.
- Workshop Moderation: Connected Vehicles. May 2013.
- Workshop Design and Moderation: Strategy for Business Division. June 2013.
- Workshop Moderation:Go-to-market strategy for new product. July 2013.
- Workshop Design and Moderation: Change Management to move from captive to 3rd party business. July 2013.
- Workshop Design and Moderation: Strategy for Business Division. August 2013.
- Workshop Moderation: War gaming for new product area. August 2013.
- Workshop Design and Moderation:New Business Opportunity Identification. August 2013.
- Workshop Design and Moderation: New Business Opportunity Identification.September 2013.
- Workshop Design and Moderation: Strategy and Change Management. October 2013.
- Workshop Moderation: Go-to-market strategy for Analytics Business. October 2013.
- Workshop Design and Moderation: Go-to-market strategy for new service line. October 2013.
- Workshop Design and Moderation: Business Leadership Workshop. November 2013.
- Panelist: CII Karnataka HR Conference – Role and Responsibility of the Younger Generation to shape the future. November 2013.
- Workshop Moderation: Organizational Transformation and Go-to-market Strategies. November 2013.
- Workshop Moderation: Product Ideation. December 2013.
- Workshop Co-moderation: Innovation Management. January 2014.
- Singapore (2007)
- Malaysia (2007, 2012)
- United States of America (2010, 2015 – April, September, 2016 – May, August, 2017, 2018)
- Japan (2010)
- Nepal (2011)
- China (2012 – March, May, June, July)
- Germany (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- Netherlands (2012)
- Belgium (2012)
- Hungary (2012)
- Austria (2012)
- Czech Republic (2012)
- France (2012)
- Hong Kong (2013)
- New Zealand (2013-2014)
- Mexico (2017, 2018 – July, September)
- Denmark (2018)
- Sweden (2019)
- India (…)
“I know every rock and tree and creature has a life, has a spirit, has a name.”
I take a walk in the woods with my new found 74 year old friend. It strikes me that I can scarcely recognize any of the trees around. I set to enquire of my well-informed friend and I realize that I could not have sought better company. As I stroll through the forest learning to identify the trees, it descends on me that I have read/learnt about all of them during my childhood, but being in India, had never had the chance to know them. It also amuses me that the choice of books I have read as a child only had descriptions of trees I had never seen. I cannot recollect having read too many stories which had descriptions of mango trees or sapota or coconut palms. But of birch and fir and maple – definitely yes. A result of having studied in English medium and books of foreign authors. I am content as we wind up our walk, having gained the ability to call some more tress by their name.
An Oak with ridges on its bark.
A Birch with white trunk.
A Beech with smooth bark.
A wild cherry tree.
“It is not a snake. See… it is a harmless blind worm.”
Kleeblatt – Clover Leaf. If I had found one with four leaves, the Germans would have called me lucky. But that was not to be. 😦